Jennifer Hancock, LMSW.
- Licensed Master of Social Work
- Mental Health Professional
- Mental Health Counselor
- Mental Health Therapist
- Marriage/Couples Counselor
Hours & Fees
Monday By Appointment
Tuesday By Appointment
Wednesday By Appointment
Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Fees $75 – $200/hour*
*Depending on Session/Service.
Sliding Scale may be available.
- Master of Social Work – Northwest Nazarene University
- Gottman Training for Couples Level 1 – Gottman Institute
- Trauma Based Therapy Training – Warm Springs Training Institute
- Licensed Master of Social Work
- National Provider Identifier
Jennifer Hancock, LMSW.
Licensed Master of Social Work
My Approach to Helping
Hello, I am happy to meet you. My name is Jennifer Hancock, I am a Licensed Master of Social Work or LMSW. I earned my Master’s degree from Northwest Nazarene University in 2020. My internship was with the Assertive Clinical Treatment (ACT) team, located within the Department of Health and Welfare, in Caldwell, Idaho. This internship gave me the opportunity to work alongside fellow social workers and other mental health professionals in assessing and maintaining the safety and comfort of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses. I am passionate about providing therapeutic support to those in our LGBTQIA+ community and their loved ones. I work with children, adolescents, and adults who need a little extra help when life gets a little rough.
We are all human, first. We will make mistakes, and we sometimes don’t treat one another or ourselves with respect and dignity. I am passionate about helping people build empowerment and love within themselves and learn how to treat themselves with grace when mistakes are made. I am trained in the Gottman Method, Level I for marriage and couples counseling. I utilize holistic methods of therapy: mindfulness, mapping the nervous system, guided meditations, to assist clients with emotional regulation and trauma work. Alongside these methods, I also enjoy sharing the therapeutic qualities of movement and nature through walk-and-talk therapy. When the weather permits, and if you’re willing, I’d like to take you on a small walk during session. I also bring my English Setter, Annie, to work with me every day. Annie is well trained and is great at offering emotional support as my co-therapist.
My goals are to help you unpack the past, develop your present self authentically, and give hope to your future self. You are priceless; there will never be another you in all the history of mankind and the universe. You are unique, and worth the effort you place in your mental health treatment. train
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
~ Maya Angelou
A Few Services I Provide
Services also known as modes or types of mental health care sessions can be given in a variety of formats, including:
- Marital/Couples Counseling: This type of therapy helps a couple that is struggling with aspects of their relationship. This type of therapy can also be used to help spouses and partners understand why their loved one has a mental disorder, what changes in communication and behaviors can help, and what they can do to cope.
- Family Counseling: Because family is a key part of the team that helps people with mental illness get better, it is sometimes helpful for family members to understand what their loved one is going through, how they themselves can cope, and what they can do to help.
- Telehealth: Also known as teletherapy, generally, refers to individual psychotherapy or talk therapy delivered through technology like video conferencing.
Ages I Work With
Each stage of life creates different challenges to good mental health. Eating right, staying physically active, getting enough sleep, and having health relationship will help support good mental health & wellness throughout life.
An accurate diagnosis and an age-appropriate treatment program is crucial when one is suffering from mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorder. I offer services for:
Some Client Concerns I Treat
Mental health crises range from the worries we all experience as part of everyday life to traumatic mental health crisis or serious long-term conditions. A mental health crisis is a difficult life situation where a person’s coping strategies do not work. People in crisis feel helpless and distressed, they feel like they are losing control over their life.
I am trained to help people experiencing a crisis and can teach skills and strategies to manage crisis situations more effectively. Some of my client concerns and mental health crisis and disorder specialties include:
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Developmental Disorders (Autism,
- Aspergers, etc.)
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Dual Diagnosis
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Gender Dysphoria
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and
- Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Intellectual Disability
- Internet Addiction
- Learning Difficulties
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-
- Men’s Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Physical Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Relationships and Marriage
- School issues
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sex Addiction
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women’s Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
Types of Therapy
Psychotherapy, also referred to as talk therapy, psycho-social therapy, counseling, or, simply, therapy, is the primary method for treating mental health problems by talking with a mental health provider. The goal is the help an individual better understand their mental health and teach strategies and tools that manage unhealthy thoughts and behaviors.
While there are many approaches to psychotherapy, there is no single approach that works for everyone. A therapist may use a blended approach, sampling techniques from several different types of psychotherapy. The kind of psychotherapy a person receives depends on the unique needs. Below are some of the types of psychotherapy I utilize.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Gottman Method
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Journal Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral
- Therapy (TF-CBT)
Morgan Health Centers and its Affiliates are outpatient centers and NOT an emergency care facility. In case of an emergency please contact a primary care physician or the local emergency room, police or 911.
Those with disabilities often face major barriers getting the health care services they need. Research shows that, compared to people with out disabilities, people with disabilities are less likely to receive comprehensive preventative care. Improving physical access to health care services is essential to achieving health equity.
We recognize the needs of patients with disabilities, and make every effort to comply with state and federal accessibility regulations and accommodate these patients.
- Accessible Parking
- Gender Neutral Bathroom
- Service Animals Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Wheelchair Accessible Restroom
Additional Links to More Information About Me & Morgan Health Centers
I invite you to explore reviews and additional web pages/sites related Morgan Health Centers and Affiliates.
- Morgan Health Centers – facebook.com/MorganHealthCenters
- Morgan Mental Health – facebook.com/MorganMentalHealth
- Morgan Primary Health – facebook.com/MorganPrimaryHealth
- Morgan Integrative Health – facebook.com/MorganIntegrativeHealth
- Morgan Children’s Fund – facebook.com/MorganChildrensFund
- Instagram – instagram.com/morganmental