William Dobson, PhD., LPC.
- Clinincal Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Marriage Therapist
- Family Therapist
- Mental Health Professional
- Mental Health Counselor
- Mental Health Therapist
- Master of Arts, Psychology
- California School of Professional
- Pediatric Neuropsychology
- National Provider Identifier
William Dobson, PhD., LPC.
Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor
My Approach to Helping
I have been working in numerous areas of psychotherapy and mental health for 20+ years including depression, anxiety, inpatient, outpatient and private practice. Over the last 20 years, I have developed my therapeutic approach to effectively assist people from all backgrounds in dealing with and overcoming challenges. I am known by my clients as “Dr. Bill” and as your therapist, I will strive to provide you with the best quality services possible in helping to resolve personal struggles and increase your satisfaction in life.
Together we can work on making these improvements to your daily life, your interpersonal relationships, as well as helping you in reaching your personal goals. I provide you with helpful assistance to foster personal change.
I earned my doctorate degree at The California School of Professional Psychology in Fresno, CA in 2005 and my post-doctoral master’s degree in clinical psychopharmacology in 2011. I also received training in pediatric neuropsychology in 2015 and 2016.
As a licensed psychologist in the state of Idaho, my clinical interests include general clinical psychology and neuropsychology with children, adolescents and adults. I work with my clients to help them achieve a deeper understanding of the issues that could be having a negative impact on their lives.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”
~ Viktor Frank
A Few Services I Provide
Services also known as modes or types of mental health care sessions can be given in a variety of formats, including:
- Individual Therapy & Counseling: This therapy involves only the patient and the therapist. Sometimes called psychotherapy or talk therapy is a process through which a client works one-on-one with a trained mental health clinician in a safe, caring, and confidential environment.
- Marital/Couples Counseling: This type of therapy helps a couple that is struggling with aspects of their relationship. This type of therapy can also be used o help spouses and partners understand why their loved one has a mental disorder, what changes in communication and behaviors can help, and what they can do to cope.
- Family Counseling: Because family is a key part of the team that helps people with mental illness get better, it is sometimes helpful for family members to understand what their loved one is going through, how they themselves can cope, and what they can do to help.
- Relationship Counseling: Focuses on improving the relationship between individuals by helping them resolve interpersonal issues. The relationship may fall under the marital, couple or family groups or may be in-laws, friends, co-workers, or other acquaintances.
Ages I Work With
Each stage of life creates different challenges to good mental health. Eating right, staying physically active, getting enough sleep, and having health relationship will help support good mental health & wellness throughout life.
An accurate diagnosis and an age-appropriate treatment program is crucial when one is suffering from mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorder. I offer services for:
Some Client Concerns I Treat
Mental health crises range from the worries we all experience as part of everyday life to traumatic mental health crisis or serious long-term conditions. A mental health crisis is a difficult life situation where a person’s coping strategies do not work. People in crisis feel helpless and distressed, they feel like they are losing control over their life.
I am trained to help people experiencing a crisis and can teach skills and strategies to manage crisis situations more effectively. Some of my client concerns and mental health crisis and disorder specialties include:
- Anxiety / Panic Disorders
- Autism & Asperger
- Borderline Personality
- Cognitive Impairment
- Developmental Disorders
- Intellectual Disability
- LGBTQIA+ Issues / Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation
- Learning Difficulties (6 to Adult)
- Psychological Evaluations
- Personality Disorders
Types of Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Existential Psychotherapy
Morgan Health Centers and its Affiliates are outpatient centers and NOT an emergency care facility. In case of an emergency please contact a primary care physician or the local emergency room, police or 911.
Morgan Health Centers recognizes the needs of patients with disabilities, as defined by the American Disabilities Act. We continue to make every effort to comply with state and federal accessibility regulations and accommodate patients with disabilities.
- Accessible Parking
- Gender Neutral Bathroom
- Service Animals Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Wheelchair Accessible Restroom