Identifying & Diagnosing Mental Health
Clinical mental health crises (mental disorders or illnesses) are conditions that affect your thinking, feeling, mood, and behavior, they affect that way you think, feel, behave, or interact with others. Mental disorders may be occasional or long-lasting (chronic) and can affect your ability to relate to others and function each day. A mental health crisis may be affected by a mental disorder. The mental disorder or illness may intensify the mental health crises.
A mental disorder or illness covers a wide range of conditions that affect mood, feelings, thinking, and behavior. They may be occasional or long-lasting (chronic) They can affect your ability to relate to others and function each day. While not a comprehensive list of every mental disorder, the following list includes some of the major categories of disorders.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar & Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Disruptive/Impulse Control Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Psychological Eating Disorders
- Psychological Sleep Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum & Other
- Somatic Symptom Disorders
- Substance-Related/Addictive Disorders
- Trauma & Stress-Related Disorders
No references given for this page.